Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Pompeii

At the moment I am procrastinating writing a paper about the art of Pompeii.  I am writing (or attempting to write) about the illusions within the art that was preserved after the eruption of Mount Vesuvius.  Taking this Art History class has been much more thrilling than I had expected it to be; particularly in the moments when I recognize a structure, piece of art, or landmark that I have a photo of in my own collection from my travels.  Here is a photo I took of some of the preserved ruins of Pompeii with Mount Vesuvius in the background:

April 2008

It was raining hard that day, but one glance at this photo and I remember it perfectly... 
Oh how I would love to travel again.
Soon I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...