Monday, June 13, 2011

A Bit of a Change

A whole week since my last post!  And it feels like months ago to me.  I spent the last week downtown with my boss for a hearing and I absolutely loved it!  The days were certainly long though, I would leave my house before 8 and not get home sometimes until 10 at night... but it was worth it!  I learned so much and I have definitely found some new passions within me that I was never aware of before. 

But the absolute best part of it all??  The choices I had with what I wore!  Yes, it had to be business professional, but I was not limited by the restraints of the security requirements of my place of work.  Usually I am not allowed to wear heels, dresses, anything that is somewhat sheer (even with a tank underneath - which is how I always wear sheer anyway), or anything too form-fitting...  I don't want to get into detail about where I work, but these guidelines are for very good reasons.  So being downtown in a professional setting with no such restrictions made me feel so happy and free - I wore heels, I wore skirts, I wore dresses, I even broke out this top tucked in to a pencil skirt along with some heels, and I was never once told that it would be better to not wear my outfit to work.  It was quite the contrary actually, I was complimented on my clothing and many women admired my shoes (of which I have a modest collection, but I have to admit, they're awesome).

Now it's back to the same old, but I don't mind.  I love my job and I cannot wait until I am done my degree and hopefully (fingers crossed!) get a permanent position here - lack of style options and all!

How about you, what do you wear to work?  Do you enjoy dressing up, or do you think I enjoyed it so much just because it was a novelty to me?  Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...