Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Road Trip Recap: Unity, Saskatchewan - July 11 - 12, 2013

It's been a little bittersweet for me to have my friends heading to their hometowns for the summer.  On the one hand, they're not in the city with me to be able to meet up for coffee or go for a walk and chat. On the other hand, however, they're in their hometowns, some of which I have never visited. This speaks volumes to my perpetual wanderlust and I've been doing my best to take advantage.

This past weekend I went out to Unity, SK to visit my friend Alana while she spends the summer hanging out with her parents on their farm just outside of town.  Alana and I haven't been friends for very long, so it was really nice for us to have some time together, just the two of us, to get to know each other even better.  Alana happened to be in the city the day that I was heading out, so she and I left after I was done work on Thursday. We spent the evening eating snacks, giving each other pedicures, watching Friends, craving sandwiches because of Joey, and making and eating sandwiches right before bed because of Joey. The next day we slept in, ate more sandwiches for breakfast (Alana's mom had bought these FANTASTIC buns that had a whole bunch of different seeds baked in them and stuck to the outside - so delicious!), went into town for the "grand tour," went for ice cream, walked around the ball diamonds, and swung in the park before I hit the highway to get back home.  It was a wonderful weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...