Thursday, August 1, 2013

Tuesday Treat

I love Tuesdays.

There is just something about Tuesday that has always brought about a pleasant feeling for me. Good things happen on Tuesdays. When I was younger and throughout high school Tuesday was the day that I had my solo practices for dance. During my first year of university I didn't have classes on Tuesdays and I instead worked in the little coffee shop on our off-campus campus (confusing wording, but really isn't all that confusing in reality).  When my schedule had been crazy hectic throughout my university years back in the city, Tuesday was always the day that I had a nice long break in between my classes where I had time to go sit in the coffee shop and read or write or, in my final year of university, make it to daily Mass. Lately, for about the past year or so, I have made a conscious effort to keep my Tuesdays free. It began with it being the only night that was free, but then I started to make sure it was. No dates. No meetings. No plans. Just time for me. It's fantastic. I actually found out that I was born on a Tuesday - that explains why my mother would always say, "Child of grace," whenever I was exhausting her. (Not to make it seem as though I always did, but you know, kids are exhausting sometimes).

Now, I know I said that Tuesday is just for me. It's my time to recharge, reflect, and focus on my life. I like to take the time to really look at what is going on and to think things going on in my life through. Sometimes I make some short-term goals, other times I check in with where I am at with already existing goals. Tuesday does not have a schedule. But sometimes I like to meet a good friend for coffee on "my Tuesdays" because they help me to recharge. A good friend can do that, even if you are an introvert like me.

This past Tuesday I went to a local coffee shop and got myself a latte to sip and a piece of cake to enjoy while I read and relaxed. It was just what I needed.



How do you like to spend time for yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...