Friday, July 18, 2014

Goals

I have a bit of a problem with goals. Not in creating them and imagining them and pondering them, but I have a problem in following them through.

Goals are great. They give us something to strive for, they give us inspiration, and they can be that light at the end of the tunnel in those times where we feel like we’re barely trekking through. But goals, in and of themselves, cannot create change.  It is what we do with those goals and how we work and strive to make them a reality that brings about change.

I am great at making goals and making lists and even at making lists about what steps I need to follow to achieve my goals, but, thus far, I am really not that great at actually achieving them.

So, I am making a change.  I will look at all of my goals, choose one or two at a time to focus on, and I will achieve them. Some will be simple and will take one movement or effort to accomplish; others will require more planning, preparation, and time to accomplish.  I will rejoice in every forward movement and learn from every backward step, but – no matter what – I will keep moving and doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...