Friday, September 5, 2014

A Love Letter to Saskatoon



I had the day off today and as I drove across the University Bridge I realized that I have fallen in love with my city. It wasn't a quick thing, rather a slow, gradual process. I have always had an attitude of gratitude towards Saskatoon, but I never really loved it. I was always thinking about where to go next, and while I still enjoy traveling and look forward to my next big adventure, I finally know that this is absolutely the place for me. It wasn't an instant love, like the love that I have for Rome or Halifax, but a slowly building, deeply rooted love of my city.

My heart has a softness for the sights along the river, the new coffee shops popping up constantly, the unique restaurants that could seriously rival those of much larger cities, and the wonderful abundance of sun. While we certainly experience extremes in our weather, especially in the winter, we do not experience any shortage in sun. Even when it's -30 degrees Celsius, you can find our city drenched in sunlight.

There is much, much more that draws me in about Saskatoon, but I'll share about that another time. Right now I want to hear about your cities! What do you love about the place that you call home?

5 comments:

  1. You're a wonderful writer! I grew up in the place I call home so it's comforting, familiar, and full of love and memories.

    lovejoanna.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I find there's nothing quite like the comfort and familiarity of home.

      Delete
  2. Ahh you are such a great writer, the picture is absolutely stunning as well. Have a great weekend.

    http://thepreppysisters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You're very sweet :) Would you believe that photo wasn't even edited? Just cropped!

      Delete
  3. Great photo! I love the warm weather in my city!

    http://mollyandstacie.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...