Saturday, November 15, 2014

Little Memories

A cafe on a side street in Pisa, Italy where I enjoyed a wonderful cappuccino.

I was out for breakfast the other morning and I ordered a cappuccino. When it arrived I took a sip and I was immediately reminded of Italy. Cappuccinos taste completely different here in Canada, and while this one was still definitely not up to Italian standards, something about it made it that much closer to those I had multiple times a day while visiting Italy.

I actually quite enjoy when little things such as this remind me of places and times far away. Each and every experience that I have had has played a part in shaping who I am today. It's not just the grand events such as travelling halfway across the world, but it's the little things too. Little moments from a street in Pisa, or from the riverbank in Saskatoon. A conversation on a park bench in Hyde Park in London, or on a bus in Halifax. Big and small, these moments are all a part of me. 

What little things have caused you to remember lately? I'd love to hear!

3 comments:

  1. What a great post! Cool photos! Would you like to follow each other on GFC?! Let me know and follow me on my blog, I will follow you right back on both GFC and Bloglovin!
    xx
    Annie
    www.the-lostangeles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looove this! I was doing something the other day and I caught this scent that just reminded me so much of Ireland. Love when that happens. :)

    xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! I've definitely learned recently to enjoy the little moments, especially as I'm enjoying my senior year of college. Hopefully I'll be able to have a cappuccino in Italy one day.

    Ellen | A Pop of Pink

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...