Saturday, April 4, 2015

Recipe: Kale Chips


I have absolutely been loving kale chips lately. They're super easy, but for some reason I was almost afraid to give them a try until recently. I served them at my Arbonne Party and I also made some for the girls night at Jessica's last weekend and I figured I could share how I make them with you!

As I said above, these are super simple to make. There are plenty of variations available online, but the only thing I looked up was what temperature to roast the kale at and I settled on 425 degrees Fahrenheit - I like roasting veggies at a higher heat for a shorter time to get them crispy, and I definitely wanted these crispy.

Ingredients

  • Fresh Kale - As much as you would like (remember that it shrinks substantially while roasting)
  • Olive Oil
  • Garlic Powder
  • Salt
  • Pepper

Instructions

Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. While it is pre-heating wash the kale and remove it from the hard stem in the center. Shred kale into bite-sized pieces and discard the stem.

Toss shredded kale with about 1 tsp of olive oil then place on a baking sheet lined with tin foil.

Add garlic powder, pepper, and salt to taste (I like a lot of each).

Cook for about 15 minutes, checking often and flipping/moving each time.

You'll know they're done when they look like they're about to burn. Leave them in for at least one more minute after that point - let them get super crispy! As they cool they get less crispy and sometimes soggy, so avoid that by making them extra crispy to start. A bit of browning is a good thing.

How do you make kale chips? Any other fun kale recipes you would recommend?

4 comments:

  1. I love Kale Chips! I made them once and put them in the fridge after....big mistake. Do you have any suggestions on storing them?

    Stephanie | With love, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't ever had to store them actually! They've always all been eaten up. I would say an air-tight container on the counter or in the pantry for one more day, but no more than that. You could always store them in the fridge and then toss them in the oven again prior to eating to re-crisp them?

      Delete
  2. mmmm looks yummy! I'll have to try this recipe out!

    xoxo rkush.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always wanted to try these because they are so healthy and seem so easy to make!! Yay! Thanks for posting this. Kale rocks!

    Xo
    Candace
    Lovely Little Rants

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...