Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Where I've Been



It is almost the end of October - how did this happen?! It feels like just yesterday it was August and I was packing up my duplex and moving back to mom and dad's. As it tends to do, September hit me like a brick and it was go, go, go - why is it always like that? I guess it just takes time to settle into a groove, and once you finally do it's suddenly Christmas and you're derailed again (in the best possible way). 

I know I haven't actually been gone from the blog for all that long, but I thought I'd give you an update on the last couple of months. (Edit: I just wrote the whole list out jot-note style, and that way it will stay!)

- I didn't finish my fitness challenge. I realized I started it at the absolute worst time with being in the middle of a move and everything else going on (see below). I still kept fitness on my mind, and made an effort to make good decisions, but the 6 days a week of this particular workout just didn't happen. I will try again when I will better be able to actually make the time for it :).
- I started taking a night class at the University of Saskatchewan. It is an Introduction to Business class through the Business Administration Certificate program - I have a degree, but I've never studied anything business-related, and I wanted to, so I am!
- I started up teaching ballet again
- I joined a Catholic Christian Outreach faith study. I am taking Obedience, which is the fourth study, but the final one I need to take. 
- Sylvia and I had a girl's day 
- Then I had a girl's weekend in Regina with my family and saw both of the Jessicas too
- I started a new job, but at the same place I was working before. Except this time I DON'T HAVE AN END DATE! This has been over 5 years in waiting, my friends. Well, over 3 years post-grad, but I've been working for the same organization since 2009 when I started as a student. 
- I started going to the chiropractor, and I really wish I had done this much sooner. I have been trying to focus on complete wellness lately, and this is a big step in the right direction.
- With starting my night class I also had to pay tuition - probably the only thing I didn't miss about school
- Two of my close friends got engaged!
- I went wedding dress shopping with two friends also (one just got engaged, the other has been engaged a little longer)
- Celebrated Thanksgiving weekend with my boyfriend's family
- And while we were up visiting them, his younger sister took some photos for us:


- I wrote a midterm  (strangely, I actually did miss this about school)
- The same night as the Canadian Federal election. The second I was done I ran out of the class to check the status of the polls, while some of the men in my class rushed out to see the status of the Blue Jays game. It was a big night!
- On top of that, I met up with a bunch of friends, attended many events, and even set aside a bit of time for myself :)

What have you been up to these last couple of months? I'd love to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...