Thursday, January 21, 2016

In With a Whisper


At the end of 2015 I had all of these grand ideas about what 2016 would look like, one of which was regular blog posts with inspiring content. I have clearly missed the mark on this one, yet I don't really feel all that off about it. Instead of starting 2016 off with a bang, crossing off to-do lists and filling my time, I've started off with something softer, more of a whisper. New Years Eve and the days surrounding it were spent with my boyfriend and his family, and it was so relaxing. That feeling has moved forward into 2016 and, honestly, I couldn't be more happy about it.

I am usually one for making the most of my time, filling it with seeing people I love or doing things I want to do, but lately I have let myself make my time completely free. I'm still seeing the people I love and doing the things I want to do, but less of it. And it is definitely in a less structured way. Instead of planning to get up and get going at 8 on Saturday, I have been letting myself lounge however long I would like. Instead of getting right to writing the moment I get home from work, I have been letting myself sink into my pillows while watching some Netflix. Instead of planning something for every evening of the week, I have left my schedule extremely open and free. And it is wonderful.

There is definitely a place for the schedules and the plans and the moving and the going - and, believe me, I generally thrive off of that stuff - but that's not my season right now. My season right now is rest. I have been realizing more and more that I will never be at this point in my life again. One day I won't be thinking just for me, and my schedule will not be only my own. That is a beautiful, wonderful thing, but I'm happy to take advantage while it's still just me :)

I hope 2016 has been off to a wonderful start for each and every one of you - any highlights so far?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...