Tuesday, May 24, 2016

May Long





This past weekend was a long weekend in Canada, with Monday being Victoria Day, celebrating the birthday of the late Queen Victoria.

My weekend was pretty relaxed, which was great. My fiancĂ© (still feels weird to call him that!) and I drove out to Bruno, SK for the Commissioning Mass and celebration at St. Therese Institute on Saturday. Daniel's sister was in the program these past nine months, so lots of his family came out to celebrate with her.

I have visited St. Therese quite a few times over the past few years. The first time ever was for a retreat with Catholic Christian Outreach in the fall of 2011. I went to school prior to this in Muenster, SK for my first year of university and it is super close to Bruno, but I had never visited before! Then my next few visits were to see Amanda while she attended the program two years in a row. And, most recently, Daniel and I made a trip up to see his sister in Bruno before heading to St. Pete's for a visit.





On Sunday my cousin Kathleen came in to visit and before she left on Monday, I took her to City Perks. If you've been reading my blog for a while, you know that it's one of my favourite coffee shops in Saskatoon, but Kathleen and I hadn't ever visited together before.

And that's it! It was super relaxing, which was definitely needed. On to the short work week ahead!

How was your weekend? Did you do anything exciting?! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...