Friday, November 29, 2013

Carry-on Essentials

Carry-on Essentials






















A lot of my adventures involve flying and over the years I have developed a list of my essential items that I like to have available while I am flying or hanging out in the airport.  The list I have compiled here does not include typical things such as a wallet, identification, passport, money, travel documents, etc. Instead, these are the things that can sometimes get forgotten but are totally noticed when they are not there, at least for me.

1. Tote: Essential to any travelling for me is a tote.  It acts as my purse for the day and usually pulls off many purposes throughout the trip: pool bag, beach bag, shopping bag, purse, overnight bag - really, a good tote can serve many purposes.  This Le Pliage Large Tote from Longchamp is one of my favourites and is large enough that it can hold all of my in-flight essentials while being classic enough that I can use it as a purse once I reach my destination.

2. Pashmina/Scarf: I always have a scarf with me when I travel. I actually usually layer one on as part of my outfit and have another in my carry-on. Pashminas are great because they are large and rectangular so they can be used as a personal blanket, a scarf, a head-wrap, over your shoulders, as neck support, and as a pillow.  This green pashmina can serve all of these purposes while adding a beautiful pop of colour to your outfit.

3. Notebook: I feel so lost without a notebook. I usually have one for jotting down random thoughts or lists and another that serves as my journal.  I find that I especially need somewhere to write things down when I am travelling.  Moleskin makes fantastic notebooks that are great for recording memories, compiling contact information, or planning adventures.

4. Hand Lotion: Airplanes are so dry. I'm sure you've heard it before, but it's true.  I am constantly putting lotion on my hands while I fly.  Hempz has a wide range of lotions that come in a travel-friendly size.

5. Lip Balm: Just as my hands feel dry when I travel, my lips tend to do the same.  This Nivea Lip Butter smells lovely and nourishes my lips perfectly. 

6. Face Powder: This is more for when I land or when I'm travelling all day long. I tend to get a bit shiny throughout the day and I like to freshen up when I get to my destination or while I am on a lay-over.  My absolute favourite face powder is Rimmel's Stay Matte Powder. It is finely milled, long-lasting, and doesn't have bulky packaging.

7. Lipstick: I don't really wear too much makeup when I'm travelling, but I find a statement lip can change up your entire look by making you look pulled together and like you've put more effort in than you really have. My favourite lipstick lately has been Crème in Your Coffee by MAC.  It is bold enough to be a statement, but can also be worn everyday, especially if you layer it overtop of the Nivea Lip Balm for a more sheer look.

8. iPod and Earbuds: I cannot travel without my iPod and with that comes headphones.  I like these Sony Earbuds, they are great for listening to your own music or for watching an in-flight movie.  I have pink (of course), but I really like the light blue ones as well.

What are your carry-on essentials? 

7 comments:

  1. Great post! I would take a lot of the same things too! Especially the ipod & some sort of chapstick :D

    xoxo

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your essentials! I take very similar things, especially the ipod because I can't go anywhere without it! Great post :)

    http://thepreppysisters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these ideas! I would include a kindle/iPad and fuzzy socks as well! :)

    AJ | TheAJMinute
    @TheAJMinute

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pics and blog.If you have time stop by my blog please. IF you like it maybe we could follow each other.Let me know.
    http://www.fabuloustorture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! Lovely blog here. Would you like to follow each other on GFC? Just let me know so I can follow back. Thank you.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes to all of this - I also bring something to read and eye drops because the air on planes is so dry!

    jess | Quaintrelle

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...