Tuesday, December 23, 2014

The Gift of Experience



I've seen a bunch of articles and blog posts lately that talk about giving gifts that are experiences, rather than things. I love this idea, because over the past couple years I have become more and more overwhelmed by stuff. It's super easy for me to think of experiences that I would absolutely love to receive as gifts, but it's a little more difficult to think of things for other people. Just like material gifts, you need to fit the experience to the person, except now you really need to get it right because it's a lot more difficult to re-gift or return an experiential gift. I came up with a few ideas and mixed them in with experiences I would love to take part in.

1. Spa day
2. Seeing a professional ballet
3. Musical tickets
4. Going to see the symphony
5. Any sporting event
6. A gift card to a new restaurant in town
7. A day at an amusement park
8. Tickets to an exotic location
9. Tickets to anywhere, really
10. Aerial classes
11. Movie theater gift card
12. Liquor/wine/beer tasting (as long as the recipient and gift-giver are over the legal age of consumption)
13. Sight-seeing tours
14. Sky diving
15. Bungee jumping
16. Art lessons
17. Cooking lessons
18. A gym membership
19. Ceramics lessons
20. Sewing lessons
21. Baking lessons
22. Horseback riding (lessons or just for fun)
23. Go-karting
24. Hot air balloon ride
25. Plans for a road trip
26. Comedy club
27. Language classes
28. Local attractions (in Saskatoon I would definitely recommend the Prairie Lily riverboat cruise)
29. Local festivals (in Saskatoon: A Taste of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon Folkfest, and the Festival of Trees, to name a few)
30. Music concert or festival (I want to go to as many performances at this year's Saskatchewan Jazz Fest as possible)

What would you add to this list? I'm sure if I were thinking of someone specific I would come up with more, but these are the generic ones/the ones I would love to experience. Another thing you could do is renew someone's subscription or membership fees to something they already participate in. You know they already like it, and you're alleviating the financial cost for them.

9 comments:

  1. I love this idea! Not only are they different, they can help open the door to new experiences!

    xx
    Mikkaela
    Southwestern Prepster

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! My friend was gifted a 6-month sewing course while we were in high school and now it's one of her favourite hobbies!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I did, thanks! I hope you enjoyed yours as well :)

      Delete
  3. I love that idea!! It is even better if you can give an experience that you can participate in as well. I hope you had a merry Christmas and Happy New Years!!

    xox.
    A Peachy Sonder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! Shared experiences make it just that much more special!

      Delete
  4. These are such great ideas!! I am pinning this post to my Pinterest Christmas board for reference in future years. :-)

    xoxo A
    www.southernbelleintraining.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these ideas! I am pinning this post to my Pinterest Christmas board for reference in future years. :-)

    xoxo A
    www.southernbelleintraining.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They're fun for birthdays or anniversaries too :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...