Thursday, May 21, 2015

Life Lately

I've been up to a lot of things that don't quite warrant a whole post on their own, so I thought I'd take one post to share a few of the things I've been up to lately.

Drift Sidewalk Cafe Saskatoon Saskatchewan

This is over a week ago now, but my friend Brandi (who blogs over at For One Day) and I met up for lunch at Drift CafĂ© earlier last week. I had never been before, but it had been on my list to visit for awhile. Since I work downtown I just walked over for my lunch break. If you're able to avoid the lunch break rush I would recommend that you do - we managed to snag a table, but it was super busy. Brandi has been there before outside of the lunch rush and said that it's definitely not as busy.

Drift Sidewalk Cafe Saskatoon Saskatchewan

We both went with the French Giving Panini. There were quite a few things on the menu that caught my eye, so I am hoping to head back soon!

Pitch Perfect 2 Opening
My boyfriend and I went to the Pitch Perfect 2 opening last Thursday. We're huge fans of the first movie, but the second was disappointing. There were parts we absolutely loved, but there were also parts that we really could have done without. The music was still fantastic, though!
 
On Friday we went out to Candle Lake for the weekend. Our friends have a new cabin and they invited us to stay the weekend with them and other friends and family of theirs. We had a great time, even though the weather was a little cold and super windy. I didn't get any photos, since we spent quite a lot of time indoors and it was just nice to relax and not always know where my phone was.
 
We came back into the city on Sunday so that I could get to a dance rehearsal in the evening for an upcoming recital I'll be dancing in. We were teaching the dance to two new dancers who were covering spots for others that couldn't make it, and then afterwards we went out for supper and drinks at Earl's with some of the money that we won at competition earlier in the year. We donated the rest to a couple different charities. Side note: I totally didn't realize the 18+ category could win money at competitions, so that was a nice surprise!
 
Victoria Bridge Saskatoon Saskatchewan River
We have been getting back to gorgeous weather this week. On Tuesday evening my boyfriend and I went for a long walk along the river and I couldn't resist snapping a photo of the Victoria Bridge.
 
I'm coming up on a dance-heavy few days with dress rehearsals and three different days of recital. I love dance and teaching, but I'm looking forward to the freedom that comes with it ending for the summer! 
 
What have you been up to lately? Feel free to share below!

9 comments:

  1. Those paninis look delicious!

    xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such gorgeous photos! That food is making my hungry!

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete
  3. That panini looks delicious!

    xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah, it's nice to 'meet' you. I've been blog hopping and I'm so glad I found your blog today. That lunch really does look delicious and I have a thing for bridges so I love that last pic the best. I've never seen Pitch Perfect so I'll have to check it out. This weekend we're going to see Jurassic World. I hope it's going to be as good as it looks. Oh wow, sorry this comment turned out to be so long. Have a lovely day... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to 'meet' you too, Dee! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  5. omg ! those paninis looks amazing :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...